All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated. Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *The Library will be closed Thursday, July 4th for Independence Day. We will reopen Friday, July 5th at 8:30am. The Little Free Library and Axis 360 eBooks are available for your reading needs during this time. Please place any materials to be returned in the GREEN Book Drop. Have a safe and happy holiday!
Wednesday, July 3rd beginning at 7pm the Library parking lot will be CLOSED, and will remain closed Thursday, July 4th for the God & Country Celebration Car Show. The Library will be closed July 4th. See details on the car show below!
* * *Summer Reading Program groups will not meet this week due to the holiday. Groups will not meet and Reading Logs will not be checked for the week of July 1st-July 6th. All groups will begin the following week on Tuesday, July 9th and Wednesday, July 10th. Have a fun 4th of July!
* * *Yoga with Erin is cancelled for Friday, July 5. Yoga with Erin will resume the following Friday, July 12, at 9:30 a.m.
* * *Backpacks for Kids/Connect for Kids Drive – June 3rd—July 26th
Help families in need by donating school supplies to help fill kids’ backpacks! The Library will serve as a collection center for donations June 3rd—July 26th. Distribution at LESA will take place Thursday, August 8th at 5:30pm-8:00pm.
* * *Reading to Bosco - Most Mondays at 4pm
All Ages. Bosco is a Therapy Dog in training. Help him learn how to be a good therapy reading dog by reading to him at the Library! Reading to Bosco improves literacy skills, and builds fluency and reading confidence regardless of ability. Bosco’s “Mom” Shelly has been a part of our library community volunteering her time and sharing her other reading therapy dogs for 15+ years. *Drop-ins are welcome!
* * *Cardio Drumming - Tuesdays at 7pm
During the month of July, Cardio Drumming will be moving to Mondays at 7pm
Adults. Increase your physical literacy with a fun workout from instructor Kim Griffes. Please remember to bring water and wear comfortable clothes. Spaces are limited to
20 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. *There is a small cash-only fee for this class of $6. At the class, you can rent a ball, bucket, and drumsticks for an additional $2. Drop-ins are welcome!
* * *Summer Lunch Bunch - Wednesdays, June 19th—August 14th
All Ages. The Library will be hosting the Summer Lunch Bunch this summer. Join the Salvation Army for a packed lunch and family activity! *Drop-ins are welcome! The Lunch Bunch will meet in the Library’s side yard, weather permitting. In the case of inclement weather, it will be moved indoors to the Library’s front café area.
* * *God & Country Celebration Car Show - July 4th at 3-6pm
The Library is helping to host and sponsor this year’s car show! The Celebration will be taking place in the Library parking lot and at the Baptist Church next door. Stop by for free family activities and 4th of July fun! *Registration for the car show begins at 2pm.
* * *Teen Tuesday Film Festival – Tuesdays, July 8th-30th at 4pm
Teens 6th-12th Grade. Enjoy a free movie with friends, popcorn, and a beverage! July 9: The Space Between Us (PG-13), July 16: Earth to Echo (PG), July 23: Guardians of the Galaxy (PG-13), July 30: Zathura (PG). *Register in person to attend. Registration begins July 1st and requires a 2018-2019 signed Program Permission Form.
* * *Beyond the Book: First Man - Thursday, July 11th at NEW TIME: 6:30pm
Adults. Featuring a book and its film adaptation. Movie begins at 6:30pm, followed by discussion. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins June 14th. Books will be given while supplies last. One book per household.
* * *Movies on the Lawn: WALL-E - Friday, July 12th
All Ages. Meet us out in the Library’s side yard for an outdoor movie! Movie starts as soon as it’s dark enough to see the picture on the screen. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, snacks, and bug spray. Come early to pick our spot on the lawn! Future movies on the lawn: Muppets from Space on July 26th, and Monsters vs. Aliens on August 2nd. *Movies are rated PG. Drop-ins are welcome!
* * *Farm Market Favorites: Desserts - Thursday, July 18th at 7pm
Adults. Make a yummy dessert with some of your favorite farm-market-fresh ingredients, then bring it to the Library for a recipe swap and to try everyone’s delicious sweets! Make enough to share a small sample with 22 people. *Space is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins July 1st and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Galaxy Shirts Craft - Thursday, July 25th at 7pm
Adults. Wear the universe when you join us at the Library for a craft that is out of this world! A limited number of black t-shirts will be provided in sizes Men’s L and XL. If you need or want a shirt of a different size or style, you are welcome to bring your own. *Space is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins July 1st and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
Post a Comment