All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated. Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *The Library will be closed Thursday, July 4th for Independence Day, and will reopen Friday, July 5th at 8:30am. The Little Free Library and Axis 360 eBooks are available for your reading needs during this time. Please place any materials to be returned in the GREEN Book Drop. Have a safe and happy holiday!
* * *Wednesday, July 3rd beginning at 7pm the Library parking lot will be CLOSED, and will remain closed Thursday, July 4th for the God & Country Celebration Car Show. The Library will be closed July 4th. See details on the car show below!
* * *Backpacks for Kids/Connect for Kids Drive - June3rd—July 26th
Help families in need by donating school supplies to help fill kids’ backpacks! The Library will serve as a collection center for donations June 3rd—July 26th. Distribution at LESA will take place Thursday, August 8th at 5:30pm-8:00pm.
* * *Reading to Bosco - Most Mondays at 4pm
All Ages. Bosco is a Therapy Dog in training. Help him learn how to be a good therapy reading dog by reading to him at the Library! Reading to Bosco improves literacy skills, and builds fluency and reading confidence regardless of ability. Bosco’s “Mom” Shelly has been a part of our library community volunteering her time and sharing her other reading therapy dogs for 15+ years. *Drop-ins are welcome!
* * *Cardio Drumming - Tuesdays at 7pm
During the month of July, Cardio Drumming will be moving to Mondays at 7pm
Adults. Increase your physical literacy with a fun workout from instructor Kim Griffes. Please remember to bring water and wear comfortable clothes. Spaces are limited to 20 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. *There is a small cash-only fee for this class of $6. At the class, you can rent a ball, bucket, and drumsticks for an additional $2. Drop-ins are welcome!
* * *
Summer Lunch Bunch - Wednesdays, June 19th—August 14th
All Ages. The Library will be hosting the Summer Lunch Bunch this summer. Join the Salvation Army for a packed lunch and family activity! *Drop-ins are welcome! The Lunch Bunch will meet in the Library’s side yard, weather permitting. In the case of inclement weather, it will be moved indoors to the Library’s front café area.
* * *Space Food: What Astronauts Eat
Summer Reading Program Kickoff for All Ages
Wednesday, June 26th at 10:30am—12pm or 1pm—2:30pm
Join us outside in the Library’s side yard for a fun and interactive look at what astronauts eat. You can try and compare space food to earth food, and help make Bike Blender Galactic Vortex slushies with the help of a bicycle-powered slushie-maker! *Summer Reading Program participants are eligible to register for one Kickoff time. Each program is limited to 75 participants. Must be pre-registered to attend.
* * *Patriotic Votive Craft - Thursday, June 27th at 7pm
Adults. Get out your glue guns for this patriotic craft at the Library! We’ll transform colored spoons to make charming red-white-and-blue candle holders for Independence Day! *Space is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins June 1st and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Yoga with Erin - Fridays at 9:30am
Adults. Join Yoga Instructor, Erin Wade, for weekly sessions at the Library. Yoga is accessible for adults of all ages through modifications. Please remember to bring water to drink and your own mat to practice on. *Spaces are limited to a first come-first served basis. There is a small $5 cash-only fee for this class. Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *God & Country Celebration Car Show - July 4th at 3-6pm
The Library is helping host and sponsor this year’s car show! The Celebration will be taking place in the Library parking lot and at the Baptist Church next door. Stop by for free family activities and 4th of July fun! *Registration for the car show begins at 2pm.
* * *Teen Tuesday Film Festival – Tuesdays, July 8th-30th at 4pm
Teens 6th-12th Grade. Enjoy a free movie with friends, popcorn, and a beverage! July 9: The Space Between Us (PG-13), July 16: Earth to Echo (PG), July 23: Guardians of the Galaxy (PG-13), July 30: Zathura (PG). *Register in person to attend. Registration begins July 1st and requires a 2018-2019 signed Program Permission Form.
* * *Beyond the Book: First Man - Thursday, July 11th at NEW TIME: 6:30pm
Adults. Featuring a book and its film adaptation. Movie begins at 6:30pm, followed by discussion. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins June 14th. Books will be given while supplies last. One book per household.