All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *The Fowlerville District Library will be closing at 3pm on Wednesday, November 23rd and reopening Saturday November 26th at 10am to observe Thanksgiving. Have a fun and safe holiday. The Little Free Library is available for your reading needs during this time and any materials to be returned can be placed in the blue drop box. Thank you.
* * *ANNOUNCING: A New Circulation System!For your convenience, the library is transitioning to a new circulation system. The library will be closed the morning of Monday, November 28th while the new system is installed. The library will reopen at 12:30pm the same day. The Little Free Library is available for your reading needs during this time and any materials to be returned can be placed in the blue drop box. Thank you for your patience while these improvements are made. We look forward to serving you better with the new system.
* * *Reading to Fred the Therapy Dog Most Mondays at 4pm
Fred is a mature Golden Retriever certified therapy dog. Fred’s ‘mom’, Shelly, has been volunteering her dogs’ services at the library for many years. Reading to Fred improves literacy skills, builds fluency, and raises reading confidence regardless of ability. *Drop-in event.
* * *Sleeping Mats for the Homeless
All Ages. Calling all crotcheters! We have had a generous outpouring of donated bags and ‘yarn balls’, however we are in desperate need of people to crochet sleeping mats. Please stop by the Circulation Desk if you are interested in helping with this program.
* * *Two New Drop-In Teen Programs! Anime Club and Teen Scene!
Anime Club first Friday of each month at 3-4:30pm
Teen Scene third Friday of each month at 3-4:30pm
Teens 6th-12th Grades. There’s a new way to have fun at the library!Stop by the program room for Anime Club and Teen Scene! At Anime Club we will watch some of your favorite anime including Naruto, Pokémon, Fairy Tail, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and more! All shows have a rating of TV-PG or lower. Then drop in for Teen Scene to participate in fun crafts and gaming. *Drop-in program.
* * *Can Love Wait a Lifetime? Author Talk with Marion Cornett Thursday, December 8th at 7pm
Adults. Author talk with Marion Cornett on her latest book “Tilly Loves Johnny”. Light refreshments will be served. For a synopsis of “Tilly Loves Johnny” check out the Adult Events page on our website at www.fowlervillelibrary.org. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins November 17th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Retro Gaming Friday, December 9th at 5-8pm
Teens 6th-12th Grades. Join us to play some retro board games and video games. Pizza, pop, and snacks will be served. *Registration is required and includes a 2016-2017 signed Program Permission Form. Registration begins November 18th. Register by December 7th to attend.
* * *Seasonal Mitt Painting Thursday, December 15th at 7pm
Adults. Paint and Pour will lead the class in painting a Seasonal Mitt. Have fun discovering your inner-artist as you are guided in creating a painting perfect for the holiday season. Light refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins December 1st and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Reading with Reindeer Wednesday, December 14th 5:30-6:30
All Ages. Welcome Rooftop Landings to the Fowlerville District Library. Indoors, we will read and have a parent-child craft station. Outdoors, we will visit and pet reindeer. Please dress for the weather. *Participation is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins November 30th.
* * *Toys for Tots through December 20th
All Ages. We are collecting toys for children. Please bring your new unwrapped toy to donate and drop it in our Toys for Tots box.
* * *Due to unforseen circumstances the library will not be able to offer computer classes this winter. However, we continue to offer one-on-one technology consultations by appointment with our technology liasons, Audrey and Beth.