All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *The Fowlerville District Library will be closing at 3pm on Wednesday, November 23rd and reopening Saturday November 26th at 10am to observe Thanksgiving. Have a fun and safe holiday. The Little Free Library is available for your reading needs during this time and any materials to be returned can be placed in the blue drop box. Thank you.
* * *Due to unforseen circumstances the library will not be able to offer computer classes this winter. However, we continue to offer one-on-one technology consultations by appointment with our technology liasons, Audrey and Beth.
* * *Fall Photo Contest: November 7th-18th
Adults. Send us a fall photo to help kick off the Fowlerville Library’s new Instagram and for a chance to win a prize!
1. Email one picture, your name, and your phone number to email@example.com before Friday, November 11th.
2. All photos will be posted to the library’s new Instagram account on Friday, November 11th.
3. Whichever photo receives the most “likes” by Friday, November 18th, will be the winner.
4. We will call the winner the following Monday to let them know they’ve won and that they can come in to the library to receive their prize.
**Must be 18 years of age to participate. Only one photo may be submitted per person. Photo will not be accepted if your name and phone number are not provided in the email.The library may choose not to post a picture if we believe it contains inappropriate content.**
* * *Flames in Free Fall: Combustion Research in Space Thursday, November 10th at 7pm
Adults. Join us in welcoming back Dennis Stocker, of the NASA Glenn Speakers Bureau. He will give a talk about NASA’s Combustion Research in Space. Light refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins October 27th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Teen Stop-Motion Workshop Friday, November 11th at 5-8pm
Teens 6th-12th Grades. Join us for a Stop-Motion Workshop hosted by Alex Thomas and Friends. Participants will get an overview of stop-motion processes, then construct a simple stop-motion puppet that they can customize and take home
with them. Pizza, pop, and snacks will be served. *Registration is required and includes a 2016-2017 signed Program Permission Form. Registration begins October 28th. Register by November 9th to attend.
* * *Lords of the Sky – Birds of Prey Wednesday, November 16th at 5:30-6:30pm
All Ages. Join us at the library for a presentation by the Howell Nature Center that will discuss the different types of birds of prey, their characteristics, and importance to the environment. The Howell Nature Center will be bringing live hawks, owls, falcons, and vultures to the library! These birds reside at the Wild Wonders Wildlife Park and are very comfortable in front of groups. *Participation is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins November 2nd.
* * *Beyond the Book: Ravages of Invasion Series: The 100 Thursday, November 17th at 6:30pm
Adults. Featuring books & their film adaptations. Movie or discussion starts at 6:30pm. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to participate. Registration begins October 27th. Books will be given while supplies last.
* * *Two New Drop-In Teen Programs! Anime Club and Teen Scene!
Anime Club first Friday of each month at 3-4:30pm
Teen Scene third Friday of each month at 3-4:30pm
Teens 6th-12th Grades. There’s a new way to have fun at the library! Stop by the program room for Anime Club and Teen Scene! At Anime Club we will watch some of your favorite anime including Naruto, Pokémon, Fairy Tail, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and more! All shows have a rating of TV-PG or lower. Then drop in for Teen Scene to participate in fun crafts and gaming. *Drop-in program.