All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *The Fowlerville District Library will be closing at 3pm on Wednesday, November 23rd and reopening Saturday November 26th at 10am to observe Thanksgiving. Have a fun and safe holiday. The Little Free Library is available for your reading needs during this time and any materials to be returned can be placed in the blue drop box. Thank you.
* * *ANNOUNCING: A New Circulation System! For your convenience, the library is transitioning to a new circulation system. The library will be closed the morning of Monday, November 28th while the new system is installed. The library will reopen at 12:30pm the same day. The Little Free Library is available for your reading needs during this time and any materials to be returned can be placed in the blue drop box. Thank you for your patience while these improvements are made. We look forward to serving you better with the new system.
* * *Due to unforseen circumstances the library will not be able to offer computer classes this winter. However, we continue to offer one-on-one technology consultations by appointment with our technology liasons, Audrey and Beth.
* * *Sleeping Mats for the Homeless
All Ages. Calling all crotcheters! We have had a generous outpouring of donated bags and ‘yarn balls’, however we are in desperate need of people to crochet sleeping mats. Please stop by the Circulation Desk if you are interested in helping with this program.
* * *Toys for Tots through December 20th
All Ages. We are collecting toys for children. Please bring your new unwrapped toy to donate and drop it in our Toys for Tots box.
* * *Fall Photo Contest November 7th-18th
Adults. Send us a fall photo to help kick off the Fowlerville Library’s new Instagram and for a chance to win a prize!
1. Email one picture, your name, and your phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, November 11th.
2. All photos will be posted to the library’s new Instagram account on Friday, November 11th.
3. Whichever photo receives the most “likes” by Friday, November 18th, will be the winner.
4. We will call the winner the following Monday to let them know they’ve won and that they can come in to the library to receive their prize.
**Must be 18 years of age to participate. Only one photo may be submitted per person. Photo will not be accepted if your name and phone number are not provided in the email. The library may choose not to post a picture if we believe it contains inappropriate content.**
* * *Lords of the Sky – Birds of Prey Wednesday, November 16th at 5:30-6:30pm
All Ages. Join us at the library for a presentation by the Howell Nature Center that will discuss the different types of birds of prey, their characteristics, and importance to the environment. The Howell Nature Center will be bringing live hawks, owls, falcons, and vultures to the library! These birds reside at the Wild Wonders Wildlife Park and are very comfortable in front of groups. *Participation is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration began November 2nd.
* * *Beyond the Book: Ravages of Invasion Series: The 100 Thursday, November 17th at 6:30pm
Adults. Featuring books & their filim adaptations. Movie or discussion starts at 6:30pm. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to participate. Registration begins October 27th. Books will be given while supplies last.
* * *Two New Drop-In Teen Programs! Anime Club and Teen Scene!
Anime Club first Friday of each month at 3-4:30pm
Teen Scene third Friday of each month at 3-4:30pm
Teens 6th-12th Grades. There’s a new way to have fun at the library!Stop by the program room for Anime Club and Teen Scene! At Anime Club we will watch some of your favorite anime including Naruto, Pokémon, Fairy Tail, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and more! All shows have a rating of TV-PG or lower. Then drop in for Teen Scene to participate in fun crafts and gaming. *Drop-in program.
* * *Can Love Wait a Lifetime? Author Talk with Marion Cornett Thursday, December 8th at 7pm
Adults. Author talk with Marion Cornett on her latest book “Tilly Loves Johnny”. Light refreshments will be served. For a synopsis of “Tilly Loves Johnny” check out the Adult Events page on our website at www.fowlervillelibrary.org. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins November 17th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Retro Gaming Friday, December 9th at 5-8pm
Teens 6th-12th Grades. Join us to play some retro board games and video games. Pizza, pop, and snacks will be served. *Registration is required and includes a 2016-2017 signed Program Permission Form. Registration begins November 18th. Register by December 7th to attend.