All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *If you are participating in crocheting plastic sleeping mats for the homeless, there are currently yarn balls at the library for you to pick up. Please bring your finished mats in by March 1st. Thanks for your dedication in making this outreach program possible!
* * *Livingston Reads 2017: Jaws- March 1st-April 30th
Livingston Reads is a “One Book, One Community” project offered by the six Livingston County libraries (Brighton, Cromaine, Fowlerville, Hamburg, Howell, and Pinckney), and is a program to encourage residents to read for enjoyment and to create community through reading.
* * *Beyond the Book: Field of Dreams/Shoeless Joe-Thursday, March 9th at 7pm
Adults. Featuring books and their film adaptation. Movie will begin at 6:30pm followed by discussion. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to participate. Registration begins February 16th. Books will be given while supplies last.
* * *Teen 80’s Night- Friday, March 10th at 5-8pm
Teens 6th-12th grade. Do you think that it's totally bogus that you missed the decade of big hair and pop rocks? Get stoked because we are hosting a most radical 80's Night filled with music, arcade games (roll of quarters not required), 1980's trivia, a classic 80's movie, and more! Dinner and a beverage will be served.*Registration is required and includes a 2016-2017 signed program permission form. Registration begins February 24th. Register by March 8th to attend.
* * *Back to the Future: Family Science and Reading Workshops
Workshop 3: We Collect Everything! Wednesday, March 15th at 5:30-6:30pm
Presented at the library by the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History
Preschool-Adults. At this workshop, you will be introduced to the sometimes odd and unusual variety of collections from the past that are used in current research. Come try some hands-on labs to discover why these unusual time capsules from the past are so important to our scientific knowledge today. *Participation is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins March 1st.
* * *Terrarium Workshop- Thursday, March 16th at 7pm
Adults. Come to the library to build your own terrarium! Everything you'll need will be provided. Also enjoy relaxing music, mandala coloring, and light refreshments.*Register in person to attend. Registration begins March 2nd and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Garden Club- Begins Thursday, March 23rd at 2:30pm
Adults. This group meets once a month on a Thursday and is brought to you by the local Master Gardeners of the Fowlerville Garden Club. The monthly topics will be announced at a later date. *To attend the entire series register in person or call 223-9089. Registration begins March 9th.
* * *Mixed Media Fabric Bracelets- Thursday, March 23rd at 7pm. Adults. Join us as we continue our Winter Crafting Series! At this craft night we’ll be combining fabric, wire, and beads to create a one-of-a-kind statement piece that you can wear!*Register in person to attend. Registration begins March 9th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Private Viewing of Jaws Saturday, March 25th at 7pm
At the Historic Howell Theater
Join friends and neighbors from across Livingston County to celebrate our 2017 Livingston Reads program with a private screening of the film Jaws at the Historic Howell Theater. This event is free and exclusive to library patrons; however, space is limited and will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis. You must present a library card from one of the six Livingston County libraries to gain entrance to the show. Food and beverages will be available for purchase at the theater.