All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *If you are participating in crocheting plastic sleeping mats for the homeless, there are currently yarn balls at the library for you to pick up. Please bring your finished mats in by March 1st. Thanks for your dedication in making this outreach program possible!
* * *Reading to Fred the Therapy Dog: Most Mondays at 4pm
Fred is a mature Golden Retriever certified therapy dog. Fred’s ‘mom’, Shelly, has been volunteering her dogs’ services at the library for many years. Reading to Fred improves literacy skills, builds fluency, and raises reading confidence regardless of ability. *Drop-in event.
* * *Back to the Future: Family Science and Reading Workshops
Workshop 2: The Secrets of Plants- Wednesday, February 15th @ 5:30-6:30pm
Presented at the library by the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History
Preschool-Adults. This workshop focuses on how plants are shared across the world and used in research to answer questions about global warming, habitat destruction, new medicinal uses, and the spread of disease. Select and press some plants to take home, learn about techniques researchers use in collecting and labeling specimens for preservation, and see some of the specimens from the UM Herbarium collection. *Participation is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins February 1st.
* * *Writing A Mystery Novel: Idea to Bookshelf- Thursday, February 16th at 7pm
Author Talk with Richard Baldwin
Adults. Join Michigan author Richard Baldwin for a presentation about writing mystery novels. He has written over 20 books, many featuring mysteries set in Michigan locations. He will sign books and have books available to purchase after his presentation. Light refreshments will be served. *Registration begins January 26th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit. Copies of Baldwin’s book “A Cruise to Die For” will be given at registration while supplies last on a first-come first-served basis.
* * *Fowlerville Library Writers- Begins Wednesday, February 22nd at 2:30pm
Adults. Do you want feedback on your writing projects? Are you interested in exploring different writing exercises? If so, then join our 8-part self-led Spring 2017 session. You are invited to bring a 1-2 page sample for feedback from the group. *To attend the entire series, register in person or call 223-9089. Registration begins February 8th.
* * *Show Your Love on a Mug- Thursday, February 23rd
Adults. Join Cindy and Audrey as they lead you to decorate a mug using sharpies to create heart-shaped embellishments.*Register in person to attend. Registration begins February 9th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Due to unforeseen circumstances the library will not be able to offer computer classes this winter. However, we continue to offer one-on-one technology consultations by appointment with our technology liasons, Audrey and Beth.