All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event. Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *The Fowlerville District Library will be closed Saturday, December 23rd and reopening Wednesday, December 27th at 9:30am to observe Christmas. We will also be closed Saturday, December 30th and reopening Tuesday January 2nd to observe the new year. We wish you joyous and safe holidays. The Little Free Library is available for your reading needs during this time and any materials to be returned can be placed in the blue drop box. Thank you.
* * *From A to Z with Mrs. D Winter Registration begins Wednesday, January 3rd
Classes start Tuesday, Jan. 9th and Wednesday, Jan. 10th
Kids 2-4 years and their adult helper. This pre-school program is designed for the 2-4 year old child and taught in a small, play-based group setting. This program focuses on early literacy and social development but also includes many activities such as science, small and large motor skill play, stories and songs based on a chosen theme, all while having fun. We offer four groups; Tuesdays at 10am and 11am and Wednesdays at 10am and 11am. *Spaces are limited and filled on a first-come first-served basis.
* * *Travel Talk: Iceland - Thursday, January 4th at 7pm
Adults. Highlighting the sights, sounds, life-changing encounters, and humorous stories of world travel while at the library! Start the journey with an inexperienced first-time traveler and end with an around the world year-long seasoned traveler! Presentations will include question & answer sessions and refreshments. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins December 21st and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Beyond the Book: The Outsiders - Thursday, January 11th at 7pm
Adults. Featuring a book and its film adaptation, and some great discussion! Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins December 21st. Books will be given while supplies last.
* * *Steampunk Craft Night - Friday, January 12th at 5-8pm
Teens 6th-12th grades. Come celebrate the invention of steam power at the library! We’ll make some awesome steampunk crafts and watch an adventure-filled steampunk movie! *Registration is required and includes a 2017-2018 signed Program Permission Form. Registration begins December 29th. Register by January 10th to attend.
* * *Pop-Up Library Monday, January 15th
10am at Rolling Meadows
11am at Livingston Greene
12pm at Glenwood Apartments
We bring the library to you! You can get a library card; check in and out large print or audio books; get help with the Axis 360 app and eBooks; get your library questions answered; and get one-on-one technology help with your tablet or other small device. You can also visit with Lola, our Therapy Dog.
* * *Snowman Craft -Thursday, January 18th at 7pm
Adults. Make a one-of-a-kind snowman that you can display at home and share with a friend! You are welcome to bring some personalized “bling” if you’d like, however all materials for the class will be provided. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins January 4th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Author Visit: Ruth Barshaw - Wednesday, January 24th at 5:30-6:30pm
Kids 2nd-8th grades. Meet the author of the popular Ellie McDoodle series and learn how she creates cool doodle diaries in a hands-on workshop! A limited supply of books will be available for purchase at this event. *Participation is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins January 10th.
* * *Stained Glass Heart Hanger Workshop - Thursday, January 25th at 2:30pm
Adults. No experience required for this hands-on workshop taught by an instructor from Delphi Glass. You will be taught basic stained glass construction including cutting, foiling and soldering from an expert. Create a stunning heart shaped suncatcher with a bevel center. *Special time and class size. Registration begins January 11th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Fowlerville Library Writers Group Begins Wednesday, January 31st at 2:30pm
Meets Weekly January 31st-March 21st
Adults. Do you want feedback on your writing projects? Are you interested in exploring different writing exercises? If so, then join our 8-part Winter 2018 session. You are invited to bring a 1-page sample for feedback from the group.
*Registration begins January 17th. No late entries.