All programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents. Register in-person to attend; starting the first of each month, unless otherwise stated. Adult programs include a $5 refundable cash deposit. Teen Program attendance requires a signed 2019-2020 Program Permission Form.
Call (517) 223-9089 for more information.
* * *The library closes early at 3pm Wednesday, November 27th, and will be closed Thanksgiving Thursday, November 28th, thru Friday, November 29th. Regular hours will resume Saturday November 30th.
* * *WEEKLY DROP-IN PROGRAMS
Reading to Bosco: Most Mondays at 4pm
All Ages. Bosco is a Therapy Dog-in-Training. Reading to Bosco improves literacy skills, builds fluency, and reading confidence regardless of ability. Bosco’s “Mom” Shelly has been a part of our library community for over 15 years volunteering her time and her other reading therapy dogs.
* * *Cardio Drumming: Tuesdays at 7pm
Adults. Get your sweat on with a fun workout from instructor Kim Griffes. Please remember to bring water and wear comfy clothes. Spaces are limited to 20 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. *There is a cash fee of $6 for this class if you bring your own equipment. Kit rental is additional $2 fee.
* * *D&D and Magic the Gathering Club: Thursdays 2:30-4pm
6th-12th Graders. Drop in at the Library for a fun afterschool group where you can learn more about Dungeon & Dragons role-playing game and play Magic the Gathering card game on your own. We provide the Dungeon Master (Ms. Tally), snacks and drinks… you provide the fun!
* * *Cozy Crafting Around the Fireplace: Tuesdays 6pm-7pm
Adult Drop-in. Join us at the library for an opportunity to work on current craft projects and to socialize with other crafters. Bring your knitting, needlepoint, or other current craft project to work on in the library around the cozy fireplace.
* * *Honest Yoga at the Library: Fridays at 9:30am
Adults. Join Erin Wade RYT, owner of Honest Yoga, for Gentle Yoga at the Library. Gentle Yoga is for adults of all ages through modifications and the use of props. Please bring a mat to practice on. *There is a cash fee of $5 fee for this class.
* * *SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
Adult Pop-Up Library: Monday November 11th 10 am at Livingston Greene and 11am at Glenwood Apartments
We are coming to visit residents of Livingston Greene and Glenwood apartments! Starting on Monday November 11th we will be visiting the residents of Livingston Greene and Glenwood every second Monday of the month through the winter. Residents will be able to get a library card; check in & out FDL books, books on CD, and DVDS. We will also help residents access the Axis 360 app and ebooks! Visit us in your common room!
* * *Comforting Casseroles Tasting & Recipe Swap: Thursday, November 14th at 7pm
Got a favorite casserole that you want to share with friends? Looking for some new casseroles recipes to warm you up this November? Join us for a casserole tasting and recipe swap at the library. Make a casserole, then bring it and the recipe to the library to share! The library staff will copy all the recipes & you will leave with some new recipes to try at home. Please provide enough for 22 samples. *Registration is open.
* * *Family Movie Night: The Lego Movie 2:Wednesday, November 20th 5:30-7pm
“Everything is Awesome” at the library family movie night! We’ll be serving pizza, popcorn & drinks during the show! *Movie length: 1 hour 47 minutes.* Registration is open.
* * *Beyond the Book: Classics—A Christmas Carol: November 21st 6:30pm
A “book and movie” group. Read the book at home, watch the movie at the library, then let the group discussion begin! Movie style refreshments will be served. Books will be given while supplies last.
* * *Follow us on Facebook & Instagram: @fowlervillelibrary or visit our website at www.fowlervillelibrary.org.