All programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents. Register in-person to attend; starting the first of each month, unless otherwise stated. Adult programs include a $5 refundable cash deposit. Teen Program attendance requires a signed 2019-2020 Program Permission Form. Call (517) 223-9089 for more information.
* * *Season’s Greetings from Fowlerville District Library
* * *Look for our Winter 2019-2020 Newsletter
* * *The library closes early at 3pm Wednesday November 27th. We will be closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday November 28th, and Friday November 29th . Regular hours will resume Saturday November 30th.
* * *The library parking lot closes at 2pm December 7thfor Christmas in the Ville.
The library is closed Tuesday, December 24th thru Wednesday, December 25thfor Christmas.
* * *WEEKLY DROP-IN PROGRAMS
Reading to Bosco: Most Mondays at 4pm
All Ages. Bosco is a Therapy Dog-in-Training. Reading to Bosco improves literacy skills, builds fluency, and reading confidence regardless of ability. Bosco’s “Mom” Shelly has been a part of our library community for over 15 years volunteering her time and her other reading therapy dogs.
* * *Cardio Drumming: Tuesdays at 7pm
Adults. Get your sweat on with a fun workout from instructor Kim Griffes. Please remember to bring water and wear comfy clothes. Spaces are limited to 20 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. *There is a cash fee of $6 for this class if you bring your own equipment. Kit rental is additional $2 fee.
* * *D&D and Magic the Gathering Club: Thursdays 2:30-4pm
6th-12th Graders. Drop in at the Library for a fun afterschool group where you can learn more about Dungeon & Dragons role-playing game and play Magic the Gathering card game on your own. We provide the Dungeon Master (Ms. Tally), snacks and drinks… you provide the fun!
* * *Cozy Crafting Around the Fireplace: Tuesdays 6pm-7pm
Adult Drop-in. Join us at the library for an opportunity to work on current craft projects and to socialize with other crafters. Bring your knitting, needlepoint, or other current
craft project to work on in the library around the cozy fireplace.
* * *Honest Yoga at the Library: Fridays at 9:30am
Adults. Join Erin Wade RYT, owner of Honest Yoga, for Gentle Yoga at the Library. Gentle Yoga is for adults of all ages through modifications and the use of props. Please bring a mat to practice on. *There is a cash fee of $5 for this class.
* * *SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
Pop-Up Library: Teen Edition: Tuesday, December 3@ FHS and Wednesday, December 4th @FJHS
We’re coming to a Fowlerville school near you. Students can get a library card; check in and out FDL books: get help with Axis 360 app and eBooks; and register to attend FDL teen programs. Plus we will talk books, movies, video games, and pop culture with students.
* * *Calling All Elves: Friday, December 6th 5-7pm
6th-12th graders. Ring in the holiday season at the library with decorating gingerbread house team competition, holiday movie, pizza and so much more!
* * *Christmas in the Ville: Saturday, December 7th 12-6pm
Family.Warm up with us at First Baptist Church we will be showing holiday movie shorts in the sanctuary. Eat s’more treats provided by First Baptist Church.
* * *Adult Pop-Up Library: Monday, December 9th 10 am at Livingston Greene and 11am at Glenwood Apartments
We coming to visit residents of Livingston Greene and Glenwood apartments!. Residents will be able to get a library card; check in & out FDL books, books on CD, and DVDS. We will also help residents access the Axis 360 app and ebooks! Visit us in your common room!
* * *Reading with Reindeer: December 11th 5:30-6:30
K-5th graders. We welcome Rooftop Landing to Fowlerville. We’ll read books and have indoors activity stations, outdoor visit to the reindeer! Dress to go outdoors Limit 2 helpers per family. MUST be pre-registered to attend. Space is limited
* * *Holiday Craft Extravaganza: Thursday, December 12th 7-9pm
Adults. Create a beautiful wintry diamond dot painting. (No experience needed but very small pieces and symbols used.) Holiday refreshments will be served. Limited to 15 participants.
* * *Book Buzz with Beth: Tuesday, December 17th 2:30pm
Adults. Join the director, in reading and discussing The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand. A modern retelling of A Christmas Carol. One book/household will be given at registration while supplies last.
* * *HOLIDAY GIVING
Food For Fines: Friday, November 15th thru Tuesday, December 14th
Fowlerville Library will be hosting a Food for Fines drive benefiting the Family Impact Center. Bring in nonperishable food items to donate and get up to $5 dollars of fines removed from your account. All for a good cause.. Each item donated equals $1 in fines removed from your account, up to $5. Donations are always welcome, even if you do not owe fines!
* * *Donate to Decorate: Friday, November 15th thru Saturday, November 30th
Make a donation to decorate a tree. All proceeds benefit the children’s and teen’s event programing Decorating takes place between November18th to December 6thduring regular library hours.Two sizes of holiday trees will be available for decorating! The trees will be trimmed in time for Christmas in the Ville and remain outside the library for the community to enjoy until New Year's Day! For a list of guidelines, donation requests, and how to participate, contact the library starting November 15th. Number of trees are limited. Hurry in and sign up!
* * *Toys for Tots: Beginning Saturday, November 30th thru Wednesday December 18th
Bring a new unwrapped toy to donate to Toys for Tots to help bring joy to children in need this holiday season.
* * *Follow us on Facebook & Instagram: @fowlervillelibrary or visit our website at www.fowlervillelibrary.org