All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated. Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *The Library will be closed Saturday, September 1st through Monday, September 3rd for Labor Day. The Library will reopen Tuesday, September 4th at 9:30am. The Little Free Library is available for your reading needs during this time. Any materials that need to be returned can be placed in the GREEN Drop Box. Have a safe and happy holiday!
* * *Grand Opening - September 7th
Open All Day from 9:30am-5pm
Come help us celebrate your new library with refreshments and activities for all ages! Try out our yoga class for free with Erin at 9:30-10:30am; the new Book Barn will be open 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm; a Kids Scavenger Hunt will run throughout the day; Fred the Therapy Dog will be here to greet those wanting to read to him from 4pm-5pm; and teens can learn more about D&D, and Magic the Gathering at the meet-up from 2:30pm-5pm, hosted by Jamie Walker.
* * *Self-Defense Fitness - Mondays at 7pm
Adults. Join certified Mixed Martial Arts Instructor, John Noonan, as he leads you in a series of stretches and self-defense exercises. Please remember to bring water to drink and your own towel or mat to practice on. Knee pads are recommended. Spaces are limited to first-come, first-served basis. *There is a small cash-only fee for this class of $5. Drop-in class.
* * *Cardio Drumming - Tuesdays at 7pm
Adults. Increase your physical literacy with a fun workout with licensed fitness instructor, Chesney Stock, of Exertion Nutrition. Please remember to bring water and wear comfortable clothes. Spaces are limited to 20 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. *There is a small cash-only fee for this class of $5 if you bring your own equipment or $7 to rent a ball, bucket, and drumsticks. Drop-in class.
* * *MI Bad: Author Talk with Tom Carr - Thursday, August 30th at 7pm
Adults. Join us in welcoming Michigan Author, Tom Carr, author of Blood on the Mitten, as he shares with us about his newest book MI Bad, which tells about the thieves and heists of Michigan's history. Enjoy an engaging author talk, Q&A session, and light refreshments. *Register in person to
attend. Registration begins August 16th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Recycled Plastic Sleeping Mats - Thursday, September 6th at 7pm
Adults. Instructions from 7-8pm, stay until 9pm if you have questions or want more time with the project. Join Cindy and Jen M. to take part in a community giving project. Cindy will lead us to cut, tie, and crochet, sleeping mats for the homeless. Mats that are made will cushion and protect the homeless from the damp earth. No crochet skills needed. Light refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins August 23rd and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Beyond the Book: The Circle - Thursday, September 13th at 7pm
Adults. Featuring a book and its film adaptation. Movie begins at 7pm followed by discussion. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins August 23rd. Books will be given on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
* * *Yoga Class - Fridays at 9:30am – Resuming September 7th with a free try-it session that day only, paid sessions will resume the following week.
Adults. Join Erin, co-owner of Soul Shine Yoga, and your host, Ms. Beth, after Labor Day for weekly sessions at the Library. Yoga is accessible for adults of all ages through modifications. Please remember to bring water to drink and your own mat to practice on. *Spaces are limited to a first come-first served basis. There is a small $5 cash-only fee for this class. Drop-ins are welcome.