All programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents. All events are subject to change. Check the library’s website www.fowlervillelibrary.org and our Facebook page, Fowlerville District Library for the most up to date information.
* * *Reading to Fred Summer Hours: are extended to most Wednesdays at 11am until Labor Day Weekend. Get ready for BACK TO SCHOOL with Fred! Fred is a mature golden retriever therapy dog. Reading to Fred improves reading skills, builds fluency, and promotes confidence regardless of ability. Fred’s ‘Mom’ Shelly has been part of our library community for volunteering her time and sharing her other Reading Therapy dogs for 15+ years. In case of Fred’s absence, his friend, Lola also a therapy dog will substitute. *Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *Summer Lunch Bunch with the Salvation Army: Every Thursday starting at 11:30am until August 30th. The Library is hosting the Salvation Army while they serve lunch and a have a family activity. *Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *Beyond the Book: Ready Player One: Thursday, August 9th starting at 7pm.
Adults. Featuring books and their film adaptations. Movies begin at 7pm followed by discussion. Movie-style snacks will be provided. *Register in person to participate. Registration begins 3 weeks before the event. Books will be given while supplies last.
* * *Stone Leaves 2-Part Program: Thursday, August 16th and 23rd starting at 7pm.
Adults. This is one of the library’s most popular programs! Join the library ladies as we lead you to create this ‘rock-ing’ craft. In Part 1, you will form the molds for your Stone Leaf and in Part 2 you will paint your Stone Leaf and take home your creation. *Register in person to participate. Registration includes a $5 refundable cash deposit. Spaces are limited.
* * *Yoga Fitness Self Defense: Mondays at 7pm
Adults. Join certified Mixed Martial Arts Instructor, John Noonan, and your host, our own Ms. Audrey, for a series of yoga-based and self defense exercises that will help you increase your flexibility and movement. Exercises are designed to be accessible to adults of all ages. Please remember to bring water to drink and your own towel or mat to practice on. *Spaces are limited to a first come-first served basis. There is a small $5 cash-only fee for this class. Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *Cardio Drumming: Tuesdays starting this week at 7pm.
Adults. Increases your physical literacy with a fun workout! This class is a ball! Chesney Stock of Exertion Nutrition, a licensed fitness instructor, will lead you and your host, our own Ms. Cindy, through this enjoyable workout. Please remember to bring water and wear comfortable clothes. *Spaces are limited to a first come-first served basis. There is a small $5 cash-only fee when you bring your own equipment or a $7 cash only fee to rent a ball, bucket, and drumsticks for this class. Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *Traditional Yoga: Fridays starting this week at 9:30am.
Adults. Join a certified yoga instructor while she gently leads you and your host, Ms. Beth, to better health and well-being. Yoga is accessible for adults of all ages through modifications. Please remember to bring water to drink and your own mat to practice on. *Spaces are limited to a first come-first served basis. There is a small $5 cash-only fee for this class. Drop-ins are welcome.