All programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents. All events are subject to change. Check the library’s website www.fowlervillelibrary.org and our Facebook page, Fowlerville District Library for the most up to date information.
* * *Reading to Fred Summer Hours: are extended to most Wednesdays at 11am until Labor Day Weekend. Get ready for BACK TO SCHOOL with Fred! Fred is a mature golden retriever therapy dog. Reading to Fred improves reading skills, builds fluency, and promotes confidence regardless of ability. Fred’s ‘Mom’ Shelly has been part of our library community for volunteering her time and sharing her other Reading Therapy dogs for 15+ years. In case of Fred’s absence, his friend, Lola also a therapy dog will substitute. *Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *Summer Lunch Bunch with the Salvation Army: Every Thursday starting at 11:30am until August 30th. The Library is hosting the Salvation Army while they serve lunch and a have a family activity. *Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *Stone Leaves PART 2: Thursday, 23rd starting at 7pm.
Adults. In 2 you will paint your Stone Leaf and take home your creation. *Registration is closed.
* * *Self Defense Fitness: Mondays at 7pm
Adults. Join certified Mixed Martial Arts Instructor, John Noonan, and your host, our own Ms. Audrey, for a series of self-defense exercises that will help you increase your flexibility and movement. Exercises are designed to be accessible to adults of all ages. Please remember to bring water to drink and your own towel or mat to practice on. *Spaces are limited to a first come-first served basis. There is a small $5 cash-only fee for this class. Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *Cardio Drumming: Tuesdays starting this week at 7pm.
Adults. Increases your physical literacy with a fun workout! This class is a ball! Chesney Stock of Exertion Nutrition, a licensed fitness instructor, will lead you and your host, our own Ms. Cindy, through this enjoyable workout. Please remember to bring water and wear comfortable clothes. This program continues into the Fall season. *Spaces are limited to a first come-first served basis. There is a small $5 cash-only fee when you bring your own equipment or a $7 cash only fee to rent a ball, bucket, and drumsticks for this class. Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *From A-Z with Mrs. D: Registration starts Wednesday, September 5th at 9:30am
Preschoolers 2-4 and their Adult Helper. Register for this popular FREE preschool program led by our own Early Childhood Specialist, Mrs. D! This program is taught in a small play-based group setting. It includes many activities; including science, small and large motor skill play, stories, and songs based on a theme while having fun! Classes start September 25th&26th. We offer 4 classes Tuesdays at 10 or 11am and Wednesdays at 10 or 11am. *Registration is limited, and spaces are first come-first served. Register in person to attend.
* * *Traditional Yoga: Fridays starting September 7th at 9:30am.
Adults. Join Erin, from Soul Shine, while she gently leads you and your host, Ms. Beth, to better health and well-being. Yoga is accessible for adults of all ages through modifications. Please remember to bring water to drink and your own mat to practice on. *Spaces are limited to a first come-first served basis. There is a small $5 cash-only fee for this class. Drop-ins are welcome.