All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *The library will be closed Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th to observe Independence Day. We will be reopening on Wednesday, July 6th at 9:30am. Materials that need to be returned can be placed in the blue drop box. The Little Free Library will be stocked for your reading needs during this time. We wish you a safe and happy holiday!
* * *Summer Reading Program Kickoff: Wednesday, June 28th at 11am
All Summer Reading Program participants are invited. Join us for for a variety of summer reading activities and games, including presentations by the DNR and Potter Park Zoo. Reading Logs will be distributed after the presentations. *This program may be held off-site. Check our website www.fowlervillelibrary.org and our Facebook page for updates closer to the program.
* * *Reading to Fred: Wednesdays of the Summer Reading Program at 11am
All Ages. Fred is a mature golden retriever therapy dog. Reading to Fred improves literacy skills, builds fluency, and promotes reading confidence regardless of ability. Fred's "Mom," Shelly, has been a part of our library community volunteering her time and sharing her other reading therapy golden retrievers for over ten years. *Drop-ins are welcome!
* * *Beyond the Book: We Bought a Zoo: Thursday, July 13th at 6:30pm
Adults. Featuring a book and its film adaptation. Movie will begin at 6:30pm, followed by discussion. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to participate. Registration begins June 22nd. Books will be given while supplies last.
* * *Self-Defense Workshop & BBQ: Saturday, July 15th at Noon-4pm
At the Centennial Park Pavilion
All Ages. Stop by the Centennial Park pavilion where the library will be holding a free self-defense workshop for all ages, hosted by the students and staff of Real World MMA. Water, hot dogs, and chips will be provided while supplies last.*Drop-in event. Children 12 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Teens 13 years and older must have a signed Program Permission Form or be accompanied by an adult.
* * *Teen Tuesday Film Festival: Robots: Tuesday, July 18th at 3:30pm
Teens 6th-12th Grade. Join us after the Teen Summer Reading Program for a movie celebrating inventors! Hang with friends while you enjoy the movie, popcorn, and a beverage. All movies are rated PG.*Seating is limited. Register in person for each movie to attend. If there is still seating available, drops-ins are welcome!
* * *Our Fires Still Burn: The Native American Experience: Thursday, July 20th at 7pm
Adults. Join us in welcoming Audrey Geyer to the library for a screening of her documentary about Michigan Native Americans, "Our Fires Still Burn: The Native American Experience." The documentary is 1 hour long and will be followed by a question and answer session with the filmmaker. Refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins July 6th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Summer Craft: Stone Totems: Thursday, July 27th at 7pm
Adults. Join us at the library to decorate stones using sharpies. Then, arrange them in a totem that you can display or share as a gift. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins July 13th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Movie on the Library Lawn: Beauty and the Beast (2017): Friday, July 28th at about 9pm
All Ages. Join us at the library for an exciting outdoor movie experience! Movie will begin at about 9pm, or whenever it becomes dark enough. Movie is rated PG. *Drop in event. Weather Permitting: this program may be cancelled depending on the weather. Check our website www.fowlervillelibrary.org and our Facebook page for updates closer to the program.