All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *The Fowlerville District Library will be closed Saturday, September 3rd-Monday, September 5th to observe Labor Day Weekend. We will reopen Tuesday, September 6th at 9:30am. The Little Free Library is available for your reading needs during this time and any materials to be returned can be placed in the blue drop box. Have a safe holiday!
* * *Now Available at the Fowlerville District Library: Playaways! A Playaway is a single audiobook and an audio player all in one. All you need to listen to your book is a pair of headphones—No CD player required! It can also be listened to in your car by connecting with an AUX cord—this is the same cord we recommended for connecting CD players and mp3 players in newer models of cars that don’t come with a built-in CD player. Enjoy audiobooks in a new and easy way! The Playaways are now out on the shelves for you to check out and enjoy!
* * *Registration begins for From A to Z with Mrs. D Wednesday, September 7th
Kids 2-4 yrs and their adult helper. From A-Z with Mrs. D is a pre-school program, each group meets once a week for the entire fall season. Groups start Tuesday, September 27th and Wednesday, September 28th at 10am and 11am. Spaces are limited and are filled on a first come, first served basis. *Register in person only.
* * *Adult Coloring Event Thursday, September 8th at 7pm
Adults. Join us for a relaxing evening of stress-relieving coloring. Mandala and optical illusion coloring sheets, colored pencils and fine tipped markers will be provided. Light refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration began August 25th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *
Two New Drop-In Teen Programs! Anime Club and Teen Scene!
Anime Club begins Friday, September 9th at 3-4:30pm (will meet on first Friday of each month after)
Teen Scene begins Friday, September 23rd at 3-4:30pm (will meet on third Friday of each month after)
Teens 6th-12th Grades. There’s a new way to have fun at the library! Stop by the program room for Anime Club and Teen Scene! At Anime Club we will watch some of your favorite anime including Naruto, Pokémon, Fairy Tail,
Avatar: The Last Airbender, and more! All shows have a rating of TV-PG or lower. Then drop in for Teen Scene to participate in fun crafts and gaming. *Drop-in program.
* * *Pokémon Go Safari 2 Wednesday, September 14th at 6:30-8:30pm
All Ages. Back by popular demand, join us at the library for our second Pokémon Go Safari! Once again participants will compete to walk the most kilometers, capture the most Pokémon, and hatch the most eggs! Remember, a smartphone is needed to participate. Come prepared to be active! Feel free to walk or ride a bike. The library will provide water for all participants. You may participate individually or as a family. Kids 12 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult. If the weather is bad, we will announce the program’s cancellation by 3pm the day of the event. Check the Fowlerville District Library Facebook page or our website fowlervillelibrary.org for updates. *Register in person to attend. Registration began August 31st. Must be registered by September 13th to participate.
* * *Beyond the Book: Ravages of Invasion Series: The Man in the High Castle Thursday, September 15th at 6:30pm
Adults. Featuring books & their film adaptations. Movie or discussion starts at 6:30pm. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to participate. Registration began August 25th. Books will be given while supplies last.
* * *
Fowlerville Library Writers: Fall Session Wednesdays at 2:30pm, starts September 28th
Adults. Are you looking for feedback on your writing projects or for some fun exercises to help you grow as a writer? If so, join us for our 8-week fall session of Fowlerville Library Writers. You are invited to bring a 1-2 page sample of your writing for feedback from the group. *Register for the entire series in person. No new entries after the first meeting. Registration begins Wednesday, September 14th.
Post a Comment