All programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents. Register in-person to attend; starting the first of each month, unless otherwise stated. Adult programs include a $5 refundable cash deposit. Teen Program attendance requires a signed 2019-2020 Program Permission Form.
Call (517) 223-9089 for more information.
* * *Season’s Greetings from Fowlerville District Library
* * *Look for our Winter 2019-2020 Newsletter
* * *The library is closed Tuesday December 24th thru Wednesday, December 25th for Christmas.
* * *The library is closed Tuesday, December 31st thru Wednesday, January 1st for New Year’s
* * *WEEKLY DROP-IN PROGRAMS
Reading to Bosco: Most Mondays at 4pm
All Ages. Bosco is a Therapy Dog-in-Training. Reading to Bosco improves literacy skills, builds fluency, and reading confidence regardless of ability. Bosco’s “Mom” Shelly has been a part of our library community for over 15 years volunteering her time and her other reading therapy dogs.
* * *Cardio Drumming: Tuesdays at 7pm
Adults. Get your sweat on with a fun workout from instructor Kim Griffes. Please remember to bring water and wear comfy clothes. Spaces are limited to 20 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. *There is a cash fee of $6 for this class if you bring your own equipment. Kit rental is additional $2 fee.
* * *D&D and Magic the Gathering Club: Thursdays 2:30-4pm
6th-12th Graders. Drop in at the Library for a fun afterschool group where you can learn more about Dungeon & Dragons role-playing game and play Magic the Gathering card game on your own. We provide the Dungeon Master (Ms. Tally), snacks and drinks… you provide the fun!
* * *Cozy Crafting Around the Fireplace: Tuesdays 6pm-7pm
Adult Drop-in. Join us at the library for an opportunity to work on current craft projects and to socialize with other crafters. Bring your knitting, needlepoint, or other current craft project to work on in the library around the cozy fireplace.
* * *Honest Yoga at the Library: Fridays at 9:30am
Adults. Join Erin Wade RYT, owner of Honest Yoga, for Gentle Yoga at the Library. Gentle Yoga is for adults of all ages through modifications and the use of props. Please bring a mat to practice on. *There is a cash fee of $5 fee for this class.
* * *SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
Adult Pop-Up Library: Monday, December 9th 10 am at Livingston Greene and 11am at Glenwood Apartments
We are coming to visit residents of Livingston Greene and Glenwood apartments!. Residents will be able to get a library card; check in & out FDL books, books on CD, and DVDS. We will also help residents access the Axis 360 app and ebooks! Visit us in your common room!
* * *Reading with Reindeer: Wednesday, December 11th 5:30-6:30pm
K-5th graders. We welcome Rooftop Landing to Fowlerville. We’ll read books, have indoor activity stations, and go outdoors to visit the reindeer! Limit 2 helpers per family. MUST be pre-registered to attend. Space is limited.
* * *Holiday Craft Extravaganza: Thursday, December 12th 7-9pm
Adults. Create a beautiful wintry diamond dot painting. (No experience needed but very small pieces and symbols used). Holiday refreshments will be served. Limited to 15 participants.
* * *Book Buzz with Beth: Tuesday, December 17th 2:30pm
Adults. Join the director in reading and discussing The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand. This book is a modern retelling of A Christmas Carol. One book/household will be given at registration while supplies last.
* * *HOLIDAY GIVING
Food For Fines: Friday, November 15th thru Tuesday, December 14th
The Fowlerville Library is hosting a Food for Fines drive benefiting the Family Impact Center. Bring in nonperishable food items to donate and get up to $5 dollars of fines removed from your account. Each item donated equals $1 in fines removed from your account, up to $5. Donations are always welcome, even if you do not owe fines because it goes to a good cause.
* * *Toys for Tots: Saturday, November 30th thru Wednesday, December 18th
Bring a new unwrapped toy to donate to Toys for Tots and help bring joy to children in need this holiday season.
* * *Follow us on Facebook & Instagram: @fowlervillelibrary or visit our website at www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
Post a Comment