Upcoming Programs at the Fowlerville District Library
All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated. Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *Winter Gear for Those in Need. Check out the winter gear decorating our tree inside the Library! If you or your family is in need of warm attire for winter, please feel free to take what you need. Items donated by a Fowlerville “Small Group” of the 2|42 Community Church.
* * *Cardio Drumming - Tuesdays at 7pm
Adults. Increase your physical literacy with a fun workout from instructor Kim Griffes. Please remember to bring water and wear comfortable clothes. Spaces are limited to 20 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. *There is a small cash-only fee for this class of $6 if you bring your own equipment or $8 to rent a ball, bucket, and drumsticks. Drop-in class.
* * *The Tea and Chocolate Writers Group - Wednesdays at 2:30pm
Meets weekly February 27th-April 17th
Adults. If you want feedback on your writing or are interested in exploring different writing exercises, then join our 8-week Spring 2019 Session. You are invited to bring a 1-2 page sample of your writing to share with the group for feedback. *Register in person to attend. Registration is now open.
* * *The Faygo Book: Author Talk with Joe Grimm Thursday, February 28th at 7pm
Adults. Join us in welcoming Joe Grimm to the Library! Joe will share about his book, followed by a Q&A session. Copies of the book will be available for purchase at the program. Refreshments (including Faygo pop!) will be served. *Space is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration is now open and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Yoga with Erin - Fridays at 9:30am
Adults. Join Erin, co-owner of SoulShine Yoga for weekly sessions at the Library. Yoga is accessible for adults of all ages through modifications. Please remember to bring water to drink and your own mat to practice on. *Spaces are limited to a first come-first served basis. There is a small $5 cash-only fee for this class. Drop-ins are welcome.
* * *Winter Reading Program! Begins March 1st
All Ages. In the month of March, all ages are invited to celebrate March is Reading Month by participating in the Winter Reading Program at the Library! Starting March 1st, visit the front desk to pick up your reading log! You can also participate online through Wandoo Reader, our online reading log! Links to Wandoo Reader will be available on our website, www.fowlervillelibrary.org, beginning Friday, March 1st. Visit the Library for more information.
* * *Beyond the Book: A Walk in the Woods - Thursday, March 7th at 7pm
A Livingston Reads Event
Adults. Featuring a book and its film adaptation. Movie will begin at 7pm followed by discussion. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to participate. Registration is now open.
* * *Teen Lock-In: The Incredibles - Saturday, March 9th at 8pm—8am Sunday, March 10th
Teens 6th-12th Grade. Join us overnight at the Library for some superhero fun! We’ll have games, movies, crafts, pizza, snacks, and more throughout the night! *Registration is required and includes a 2018-2019 signed Program Permission Form. Registration is now open. Register by March 7th to attend.
* * *National Potato Chip Day - Wednesday, March 13th at 5:30-6:30pm
Kids Kindergarten—5th Grade. Help us celebrate National Potato Chip Day at the Library! We will try different flavors of potato chips, read a story about potatoes, and learn how potatoes are grown and how potato chips are made! *Space is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration is now open.
* * *Intermediate Internet - Thursday, March 14th at 1:30-3pm
Adults. Join instructor Dan Urbane of Central Michigan Consulting in the Library’s computer lab to go through hands-on exercises that will teach you about internet searching in more depth. *You MUST have attended Internet Basics to register for this class. NO EXCEPTIONS. *Limited to 10 participants. Register in person to attend. Registration is now open and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Garden Club - Thursday, March 21st
Meets every Third Thursday: March-May at 2:30-4pm
Adults. This program is brought to you by the local Master Gardeners of the Fowlerville Garden Club. Topics to be announced. *Register in person to attend all 3 sessions. Registration begins February 28th.
* * *Appalachian Trail Presentation by Gail Lowe - Thursday, March 21st at 7pm
A Livingston Reads Event