All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *Memorial Day Observation: Saturday, May 27—Monday, May 29
We will be closing on Friday, May 26th at 5:00pm to observe Memorial Day. We will be reopening on Tuesday, May 30th at 9:30am. Materials that need to be returned can be placed in the blue drop box, and the Little Free Library will be stocked for your reading needs over the weekend. We wish you a safe and enjoyable holiday!
* * *Look for the Library’s Summer Newsletter in your mailbox! The Summer Newsletter has been sent to the printers and will be mailed out soon! Keep an eye out for it and get ready for all kinds of great summer programs coming your way!
* * *Reading to Fred the Therapy Dog: Most Mondays at 4pm
Fred is a mature Golden Retriever certified therapy dog. Fred’s ‘mom’, Shelly, has been volunteering her dogs’ services at the library for many years. Reading to Fred improves literacy skills, builds fluency, and raises reading confidence regardless of ability. *Drop-in event.
* * *Registration for the Summer Reading Program begins Wednesday, May 31st for all age groups! *Participation is limited. Register in person to attend.
Patriotic Clothespin Wreath: Thursday, June 8th at 7pm
Adults. Join Cindy and Audrey at the library to transform clothespins into charming patriotic wreaths that you can display year round! *Register in person to attend. Registration begins May 25th and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *101 Things that Happened on the Mackinac Bridge: Thursday, June 15th at 7pm
Adults. Celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Mackinac Bridge with a presenatation by Mike Fornes. Refreshments will be served. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins June 1st and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Pokémon Go Safari: Wednesday, June 21st at 6pm-8pm
All Ages. Grab your devices and meet outside the library for a Pokémon Go competition! Compete against your friends to walk the most kliometers, catch the most Pokémon, and hatch the most eggs during the time limit! Feel free to walk or ride a bike. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins June 7th. Children 12 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Teens 13 and older must have a signed Program Permission Form or be accompanied by an adult.
* * *Beyond the Book: Hidden Figures: Thursday, June 22nd at 6:30pm
Adults. Featuring a book and its film adaptation. Movie will begin at 6:30pm, followed by discussion. Movie-style refreshments will be served. *Register in person to participate. Registration begins June 1st. Books will be given while supplies last.
* * *Movie on the Library Lawn: The Lego Batman Movie: Friday, June 23rd at about 9pm
All Ages. Join us at the library for an exiciting outdoor movie experience! Movie will begin at about 9pm, or whenever it becomes dark enough. Movie is rated PG. *Drop in event. Weather Permitting: this program may be cancelled depending on the weather. Check our website www.fowlervillelibrary.org and our Facebook page for updates closer to the program.
* * *Summer Reading Program Kickoff: Wednesday, June 28th at 11am
All Summer Reading Program participants are invited. Join us for for a variety of summer reading activites and games, including presentations by the DNR and Potter Park Zoo. Reading Logs will be distributed after the presentation. *This program may be held off-site. Check out website www.fowlervillelibrary.org and our Facebook page for updates closer to the program.
Post a Comment