All programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents. Register in-person to attend; starting the first of each month, unless otherwise stated. Adult programs include a $5 refundable cash deposit. Teen Program attendance requires a signed 2019-2020 Program Permission Form.
Call (517) 223-9089 for more information.
* * *The library and parking lot will be closing at 5pm on Thursday, October 31st for Fowlerville Area Helpers Halloween Trunk-or-Treating. Happy trick-or-treating and be safe.
* * *WEEKLY DROP-IN PROGRAMS
Reading to Bosco: Most Mondays at 4pm
All Ages. Bosco is a Therapy Dog-in-Training. Reading to Bosco improves literacy skills, builds fluency, and reading confidence regardless of ability. Bosco’s “Mom” Shelly has been a part of our library community for over 15 years volunteering her time and her other reading therapy dogs.
* * *Cardio Drumming: Tuesdays at 7pm
Adults. Get your sweat on with a fun workout from instructor Kim Griffes. Please remember to bring water and wear comfy clothes. Spaces are limited to 20 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. *There is a cash fee of $6 for this class if you bring your own equipment. Kit rental is additional $2 fee.
* * *D&D and Magic the Gathering Club: Thursdays 2:30-4pm starting October 3rd
6th-12th Graders. Drop in at the Library for a fun afterschool group where you can learn more about Dungeon & Dragons role-playing game and play Magic the Gathering card game on your own. We provide the Dungeon Master (Ms. Tally), snacks and drinks… you provide the fun!
* * *Cozy Crafting Around the Fireplace: Tuesdays 6pm-7pm Starting Nov. 5th
Adult Drop-in. Join us at the library for an opportunity to work on current craft projects and to socialize with other crafters. Bring your knitting, needlepoint, or other current craft project to work on in the library around the cozy fireplace.
* * *Honest Yoga at the Library: Fridays at 9:30am
Adults. Join Erin Wade RYT, owner of Honest Yoga, for Gentle Yoga at the Library. Gentle Yoga is for adults of all ages through modifications and the use of props. Please bring a mat to practice on. *There is a cash fee of $5 fee for this class.
* * *SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
PJ & Costume Party: Wednesday, October 23rd 5:30-6:30pm
Kids K-5th Grades. Come to the Library in your pjs or costume for a fun Halloween-themed party! Play some ‘spooky’ games, hear a ‘chilling’ story, and make an ‘eerie’ craft! There are limited spots for this event. *Registration opens October 1st.
* * *Spooky Cement Skulls: Thursday, October 24th 7pm
Adults. Join the Library’s crafty team, Cindy and Jen, to paint spook-tacular cement skulls. They provide the materials; you provide the creativity and fun! There are a limited number of cement skulls available. *Registration opens October 1st.
* * *Fowlerville Area Helpers Trunk-or-Treat: Thursday, October 31st 6-8pm
Join the Fowlerville Police Department, the Fowlerville Area Fire Department, Fowlerville Community Schools, the First Baptist Church, us, and more at the second annual Fowlerville Area Helpers Trunk-or-Treat event. Touch a cool truck, visit community helpers, and get treats all in a secure parking lot. The library closes at 5pm and then the fun begins at 6pm! Restrooms accessible at the First Baptist Church. Drop-in event!
* * *Pop-Up Library: Teen Edition: Tuesday November 5th @ FHS and Wednesday November 6th @ FJHS
Fowlerville District Library is coming to school during lunches again! Students can get a library card; check in & out FDL books; get help with the Axis 360 app &ebooks; and register to attend FDL teen programs! Students can chat with us about their interests; in books, movies, video games and pop culture.
* * *Keep Calm & Relax: Friday, November 8th 5-7pm
6th-12 Graders. Stressed and worn out from tests and studying?Come take a break with us at the library. Join us at the library for a time to unwind with friends, library staff and Raija, of You4Euh Yoga LLC after hours! Learn fun and relaxing techniques to help you relax throughout the school year. R-E-L-A-X and enjoy some time with friends and make a cool craft. *Registration opens November 1st
* * *Adult Pop-Up Library: Monday November 11th 10 am at Livingston Greene and 11am at Glenwood Apartments
We are coming to visit residents of Livingston Greene and Glenwood apartments! Starting on Monday November 11th we will be visiting the residents of Livingston Greene and Glenwood every second Monday of the month through the winter. Residents will be able to get a library card; check in & out FDL books, books on CD, and DVDS. We will also help residents access the Axis 360 app and ebooks! Visit us in your common room!
* * *Comforting Casseroles Tasting & Recipe Swap: Thursday, November 14th at 7pm
Got a favorite casserole that you want to share with friends? Looking for some new casserole recipes to warm you up this November? Join us for a casserole tasting and recipe swap at the library. Make a casserole, then bring it and the recipe to the library to share! The library staff will copy all the recipes & you will leave with some new recipes to try at home. *Please provide enough for 22 samples *Registration opens November 1st
* * *Family Movie Night: The Lego Movie 2: Wednesday, November 20th 5:30-7pm
“Everything is Awesome” at the library family movie night! We’ll be serving pizza, popcorn & drinks during the show! *Movie length: 1 hour 47 minutes. *Registration opens November 1st
* * *Follow us on Facebook & Instagram: @fowlervillelibrary or visit our website at www.fowlervillelibrary.org.