Upcoming Programs at the Fowlerville District Library
All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *Lola has passed her test and is now an official Therapy Dog! Lola has been a therapy-dog-in-training and doing outreach at the library for several months, now all her training and hard work has paid off! Yay Lola!
* * *Reading to Fred has concluded for the school year. We’ll miss Fred while he’s on vacation and look forward to seeing him again at the Summer Reading Program! Have fun on vacation Fred!
* * *Framed Phrases - Thursday, April 5th at 7pm
Adults. No experience required for this brand new hands-on workshop taught by your favorite local librarians! Create a stunning framed art piece to proudly display on your shelf or wall! *Register in person to attend. Registration begins March 22nd and includes a refundable $5 cash deposit.
* * *Reading with Spring Babies - Wednesday, April 11th at 5:30-6:30pm
Preschool-Adults. Welcome Carousel Acres to the Fowlerville District Library! Come to visit and snuggle with baby animals, share a story, and celebrate springtime at the library! *Participation is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins March 28th.
* * *Beyond the Book: Murder on the Orient Express Thursday, April 12th at 4pm and 7pm
Adults. Sign-up to read the original mystery by Agatha Christie, then join us at the library for a special double feature event! We will start with a showing of the 1974 version of the film beginning at 4pm. We will take a dinner break, pizza and beverages will be provided. And finally we will finish off the night with the 2017 version of the film beginning at our usual time 7pm, followed by discussion of the book and two movies! You are welcome to attend one or both of the films. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins March 22nd. Free copies of the book will be given while supplies last to Fowlerville School District residents when you register. A Livingston Reads Event.
* * *Paws for a Good Cause - Friday, April 13th at 5-8pm
Teens 6th-12th grades. Join us after hours at the library for a small animal encounter provided by Carousel Acres! Snuggle with small and baby animals. Relax while we watch
a fun animal movie and work on a tie blanket to be donated to the Livingston County Animal Shelter. Pizza and a beverage will be served. *Registration is required and includes a 2017-2018 signed Program Permission Form. Registration begins March 30th. Register by April 11th to attend.
* * *Last Stop Murder: Murder Mystery - Thursday, April 19th at 7pm
Adults. Come to the library to play the exciting murder mystery game Last Stop: Murder, set on a snow-stopped train, just like Murder on the Orient Express! *Register in person to attend. Registration begins April 5th and include a refundable $5 cash deposit. A Livingston Reads Event.
* * *Free Showing at the Historic Howell Theater - Friday, April 20th at 7pm
First-come, first-served basis. Show your current library card from your Livingston County home library for free admission to Murder on the Orient Express. Refreshments will be available for purchase at the theater. Enjoy the show! *A Livingston Reads Event.