Upcoming Programs at the Fowlerville District Library
All Programs are intended for Fowlerville School District residents only unless otherwise stated.
Registration usually opens 2 weeks prior to the event.
Follow us on Facebook & www.fowlervillelibrary.org.
* * *Reading with Spring Babies - Wednesday, April 11th at 5:30-6:30pm
Preschool-Adults. Welcome Carousel Acres to the Fowlerville District Library! Come to visit and snuggle with baby animals, share a story, and celebrate springtime at the library! *Participation is limited. Register in person to attend. Registration begins March 28th.
* * *Beyond the Book: Murder on the Orient Express Thursday, April 12th at 4pm and 7pm
Adults. Sign-up to read the original mystery by Agatha Christie, then join us at the library for a special double feature event! We will start with a showing of the 1974 version of the film beginning at 4pm. We will take a dinner break, pizza and beverages will be provided. And finally we will finish off the night with the 2017 version of the film beginning at our usual time 7pm, followed by discussion of the book and two movies! You are welcome to attend one or both of the films. *Register in person to attend. Registration begins March 22nd. Free copies of the book will be given while supplies last to Fowlerville School District residents when you register. A Livingston Reads Event.
* * *Paws for a Good Cause - Friday, April 13th at 5-8pm
Teens 6th-12th grades. Join us after hours at the library for a small animal encounter provided by Carousel Acres! Snuggle with small and baby animals. Relax while we watch a fun animal movie and work on a tie blanket to be donated to the Livingston County Animal Shelter. Pizza and a beverage will be served. *Registration is required and includes a 2017-2018 signed Program Permission Form. Registration begins March 30th. Register by April 11th to attend.
* * *Garden Club: Succulents - Thursday, April 19th at 2:30pm
Adults. This program is brought to you by local Master Gardeners of the Fowlerville Garden Club. Topics are subject to change. *Registration is still open to late entries. Register in person to attend.
* * *Last Stop Murder: Murder Mystery - Thursday, April 19th at 7pm
Adults. Come to the library to play the exciting murder mystery game Last Stop: Murder, set on a snow-stopped train, just like Murder on the Orient Express!*Register in person to attend. Registration begins April 5th and include a refundable $5 cash deposit. A Livingston Reads Event.
* * *Free Showing at the Historic Howell Theater - Friday, April 20th at 7pm
First-come, first-served basis. Show your current library card from your Livingston County home library for free admission to Murder on the Orient Express. Refreshments will be available for purchase at the theater. Enjoy the show! *A Livingston Reads Event.
* * *Material Limits Raised beginning Saturday, April 21st
In preparation of moving to our new home, we are increasing the number of items a patron can check out. Each patron will be allowed to check out up to 50 items; 12 of which may be DVDs. Each household will be allowed to check out a total of 24 DVDs. We are also extending the due dates of these items until June 15th. We are requesting that patrons keep items checked out during this time until June 15th. *Patrons will be responsible for any materials damaged if left outside of either building.
* * *The Adult Fiction and Nonfiction room will be closed beginning Monday, April 30th. Beginning Friday, May 4th there will be no tables available in the library. While this section of the library is closed, staff members will be happy to retrieve books for you.
* * *The Library will be closed Friday, May 3rd from 9:30am-12pm for a Staff Meeting. The Library will be closed for the move beginning Monday, May 7th.